Marketing Me: My First Blog Post

 

Marketing ME!


    My name is Harmony and I am a 41 year old mother of two. I am a new student here at LBCC aspiring to achieve my AA majoring in Business and Marketing. I have joined the scholarly in hopes of expanding my knowledge of the digital marketing world. I recently decided to start a new dropshipping business with shopify in the attempts at creating a new income stream for my family and I. Yes I fell into the trap, and now I am determined to make it profitable. So far it has only dug a hole into my pocket book and my mind for that matter. It has been extremely overwhelming to start this new business and it is definitely a lot harder than it is portrayed on the social media outlets. My goal is to document my entire endeavor to let others know exactly how hard it really is and how much money you really need to start. I have learned that none of it is free and I want to make it possible to actually start for free! I know, big dreams! I do     believe it is possible though. This marketing class is really the only class I am looking forward to in all of my 12 units this semester. (Shhhh, don't tell my other professors)!

    Other than going to school, taking care of my elderly father, and attempting to open a new business from scratch I enjoy playing guitar, fishing, camping, and cooking. My family believes I should open a restaurant and forget about the whole internet imaginary shopping world. Especially, since I started I have only spent money that we really don't have, my store still isn't open to the public, and I'm still just hemorrhaging money. I really think with the right marketing and right niche I could actually make a profitable passive income. Plus if I opened a restaurant I would eventually hate cooking and my family would get too skinny! 

    Just to give a little insight into this new Shopify experience, I am trying to open a store that has an emphasis on spirituality with yoga, crystals, incense, clothing, natural remedies, and the laws of attraction. If you would like to check out my spirituality store the site is awakened-1.myshopify.com. Unfortunately you can't order anything yet as I am still in the building phase of things. I am also open to any constructive criticism you can give. I am very new to this and am learning so much so fast that at times I think my head may explode. I am determined to make it work though. I espec..ially believe this course is going to help in so many ways I can't even begin to explain my excitement and eagerness to learn from Mr. Piewe. With his insight and experience I may just be able to turn a profit in the near future and hopefully not go bankrupt in the process!


 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marketing In the News- Where the Influencer Next Door Means More Than Drew Barrymore!