Marketing In the News- Where the Influencer Next Door Means More Than Drew Barrymore!

 

Todays Marketing: Where the Influencer Next Door Means More Than Drew Barrymore!

 

Written By: Harmony Kalina

July, 10th 2023

 

                                   

The future of marketing is shifting rapidly. Gone are the days where companies are using a-list celebrities and gimmicks to promote their products or services. The article “The Future Of Influencer Marketing And The Expanding Creator Economy” published in Forbes Agency Council Magazine on July7th, 2023 caught my eye because of how quickly marketing is evolving. I have recently opened a shopify store and will have to start creating my own reviews along with other promotional videos. I am nervous and anxious but this article quelled my anxiety a little bit.

The article begins by stating how much the influencer marketing strategy is growing and changing to build strong relationships between brands and consumers. The author expects this business model to thrive over the next five years. With all of the recent technological advancements the creator has even more tools at their disposal to create amazing content rather efficiently and inexpensively.

Big brands are also following in small businesses footsteps when it comes to marketing and PR. With the popularity of all the different social media outlets, jumping on the band wagon is a must. The article goes on to explain how these influencers work and all the benefits that come from utilizing this somewhat new form of marketing. Instead of spending a small fortune on a couple of commercials they can find an influencer that specializes in their specific field and will bring in the consumer using all the social media outlets.

This type of marketing is growing and the hope is consumers will get more quality information that will turn into more sales. The benefit of using creators is the relationship that can be built between the brand and the creator. The more the two interact and understand the better-quality content will be generated. Not only will it turn into a big return on their investment, it could turn into a long and rewarding relationship between creator, brand and consumer.

When it comes to a value proposition, each creator has their own specific value proposition. As I am on the verge of becoming my own content creator my personal value proposition would be I can create a lot of content that covers different aspects and still charge a low fee. Simply because I am new, with a small amount of followers. I believe this type of marketng is unique in the aspect that the brand is reaching customers on their level and getting to know more of what their consumers want. Wired magazine said it best Users consider influencers more akin to a close friend than an advertiser or paid.”

This article has me feeling a little more relaxed at the fact that the influencer market is only getting bigger. I was worried that with all the influencers out there peddling their goods, the market would be too saturated for my content to make a difference. I think as long as I can be myself on camera it should be some good, lighthearted content. I will have to keep you posted as to when my 1st video comes out.

 

Source List:

https://www.wired.com/story/what-is-an-influencer/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesagencycouncil/2023/07/07/the-future-of-influencer-marketing-and-the-expanding-creator-economy/?sh=fec04d058e64

 

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Marketing Me: My First Blog Post